Butler / House Manager
Different residences around the world
Private-Chefs was founded in 2002 by Conrad Etzweiler and is based in Wagenhausen, Thurgau in Switzerland.
We are specialized in the recruitment of hospitality and especially private household staff all around the world.
With almost 20 years of experience and a large network, we have developed long lasting and trustful relationships with our employees and clients. We believe that a confiding client relationship starts with you, a focused, reliable, service oriented and professional, who we would like to add to ournetwork.
We are looking for a Butler/House Manager (m/f and 100%)
A European family, with multiple private residences seeks an experienced and hands-on butler/house manager.
- Driving all family members to different locations and events
- Vehicle purchasing and maintenance including cleaning
- Shopping of food, household items, gifts, luxury clothing (including dry cleaning drop-off and pickup) including handling of petty cash
- Front-of-house duties such as greeting guests & serve drinks
- Decorating table and table service including wine cellar management
- Home automation and smart home management as well as maintenance of the lightning systems
- Overseeing the safety, alarm and security technology and training of staff regarding these
- Reporting any issues and repairs including overseeing the maintenance and booking the contractors
- Arranging flowers and take care of the plants in the house including supervising the garden design and care
- Inventory, care and maintenance of expensive art pieces and very luxurious furniture
- Checking the family wardrobe for order and quality
- Coordinate bookings of children's activities and appointments with the nannies (if necessary taking care of the children)
- Organization and planning of events and celebrations and activities for the family
- Make restaurant reservations and keeping relationships with the restaurant managements
- Vacation planning and organization (e.g. book hotels & villas, organize flights)
- Valet duties and packing for travelling
- Coordination of private jet staff including setup of the private jet
- In charge of the recruitment and training (updating job descriptions) and payment of housekeeping staff
- Daily check of the household and the housekeeping staff
What does this job offer?
- Permit B1/B2 visa for the US is provided
- Accommodation in all locations is organized
- Very competitive salary
What do you offer?
- Previous private household and/or 5 star hotel experience
- Full motivation to deliver to highest standards and exceeding expectations
- A highly detail oriented and very professional work attitude
- Driving license and ideally experience in driving large luxurious cars
- Basic knowledge of healthy cooking has to be present
- Very good level of English in speaking and writing
- Willingness to travel
Send us your CV via e-mail. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please be aware that responses will only be sent to candidates who meet the expected criteria. Thank you for your understanding.