Travelling Butler and House Manager (m/f/d) 100%
Zurich and Geneva, Switzerland and worldwide
Private-Chefs was founded in 2002 by Conrad Etzweiler and is based in Wagenhausen (TG) in Switzerland. We are specialized in the recruitment of hospitality and especially private household staff all around the world.
We are looking for a very experienced Butler and House Manager (m/f/d) 100%
For one of our German speaking clients with main residence in Zurich, we are looking for a competent, trustworthy and discreet butler with previous experience as a house manager, who works with an incredible eye for detail and has excellent organization skills. The position is live-in with a lot of travelling. It is very important that all applicants speak German and English, other languages are an asset. They also must have an exceptional working background private households and recommendation letters are a must. If you meet the requirements of the position, this could be the job for you.
- Driving all family members to different locations and events
- Vehicle purchasing and maintenance including cleaning
- Shopping of food, household items, gifts, luxury clothing (including dry cleaning drop-off and pickup) including handling of petty cash
- Front-of-house duties
- Decorating table and table service including wine cellar management
- Home automation and smart home management as well as maintenance of the lightning systems
- Overseeing the safety, alarm and security technology
- Reporting any issues and repairs including overseeing the maintenance and booking the contractors
- Arranging flowers and take care of the plants in the house including supervising the garden design and care
- Inventory, care and maintenance of art pieces and furniture
- Checking the family wardrobe for order and quality
- Coordinate bookings of children's activities and appointments with the nannies
- Organization and planning of events and celebrations and activities for the family
- Make restaurant reservations and keeping relationships with the restaurant managers
- Vacation planning and organization (e.g. book hotels or villas, organize flights)
- Valet duties and packing for travelling
- Coordination of private jet staff including setup of the private jet
- In charge of the recruitment and training (updating job descriptions) and payment of the housekeeping staff
What does the position offer?
- Long term employment contract based in Switzerland
- All permits (including for the US) are provided
- All travel and accommodations are provided including own apartment
- Great travel and living abroad experiences
- Salary is above average
What do you offer?
- Previous private household and/or 5 star hotel experience
- Full motivation to deliver to highest standards and to exeed expectations
- A highly detail oriented and very professional work attitude
- Driving license and ideally experience in driving large luxurious cars
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
- Education in wine
- Fluent in writing and speaking German and English, other languages are an advantage
- A disciplined, trustworthy, courteous, polite, highly professional and extremely discreet personality
Send us your CV via e-mail. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please be aware that responses will only be sent to candidates who meet the expected criteria. Thank you for your understanding.